Kareina Bakleh's Fundraiser
Please Donate Now to Support our less fortunate brothers and sisters During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Join me and donate today to help provide access to healthy food and critical resources in D.C.
A supporter of Kareina Bakleh
I donated in support of this campaign.
$150 towards $1,000
During the COVID-19 outbreak, Martha’s Table is doubling down on their mission to support strong children, strong families, and strong communities. With our help, they are stepping up to provide an unprecedented level of support for our community.
Every single family with a child enrolled in their education programs will receive:
- A weekly stipend from Martha’s Table to ensure their children and families are stable throughout the closure of our education center,
- Gift cards to grocery stores or food delivery services,
- A supply of diapers, wipes, and formula to take home, and
- Educational content through digital technologies to help promote at-home learning.
With over 162,000 visits to Martha's Table's healthy food markets last year, it is more important than ever to increase access to nutrient-rich foods and shelf-stable items. To ensure every neighbors has access to healthy food, Martha's Table is:
- Partnering with DC Health, the Capital Area Food Bank, and DC Public and Charter Schools to provide students with no-cost bags of fresh fruits, vegetables, and shelf-stable items at designated food access sites throughout the city. Martha's Table will reinstate their 46 school-based markets when schools reopen.
- Providing pre-bagged fresh fruits, vegetables, and shelf-stable items at no cost to all neighbors visiting their two locations in Southeast and Northwest D.C., and
- Continuing their longest running program, McKenna’s Wagon, to provide pre-packaged meals downtown to those who may be experiencing hunger or homelessness.
It is exactly in times like these that we need to stand up and do what is right to support our community. Thank YOU for helping make our community strong.