American College of Cardiology's Fundraiser
ACC’s All-virtual April Community Service Drive: Support local families affected by COVID-19
Share access to groceries, baby essentials and distance learning materials.
$350 towards $500
The COVID-19 outbreak has caused major economic hardships especially for hourly and gig workers in our region. More than ever, food pantries are a lifeline for families. Each of us at the ACC is extraordinarily lucky to enjoy a stable salary; we have an opportunity to make a real difference for folks less fortunate.
So, the ACC Community Service Team offers its first all-virtual service drive in support of Martha’s Table. This charity is distributing grocery gift cards, family supplies and remote educational resources, as well as food truck meals for the most vulnerable folks in the region.
For more details, read on:
During the COVID-19 outbreak, Martha’s Table is doubling down on their mission to support strong children, strong families, and strong communities. With our help, they are stepping up to provide an unprecedented level of support for our community.
Every single family with a child enrolled in their education programs will receive:
- A weekly stipend from Martha’s Table to ensure their children and families are stable throughout the closure of our education center,
- Gift cards to grocery stores or food delivery services,
- A supply of diapers, wipes, and formula to take home, and
- Educational content through digital technologies to help promote at-home learning.
With over 162,000 visits to Martha's Table's healthy food markets last year, it is more important than ever to increase access to nutrient-rich foods and shelf-stable items. To ensure every neighbors has access to healthy food, Martha's Table is:
- Partnering with DC Health, the Capital Area Food Bank, and DC Public and Charter Schools to provide students with no-cost bags of fresh fruits, vegetables, and shelf-stable items at designated food access sites throughout the city. Martha's Table will reinstate their 46 school-based markets when schools reopen.
- Providing pre-bagged fresh fruits, vegetables, and shelf-stable items at no cost to all neighbors visiting their two locations in Southeast and Northwest D.C., and
- Continuing their longest running program, McKenna’s Wagon, to provide pre-packaged meals downtown to those who may be experiencing hunger or homelessness.
It is exactly in times like these that we need to stand up and do what is right to support our community. Thank YOU for helping make our community strong.